perfect quick and easy breakfast or snack recipe!
I’m a person that likes routine. I like waking up at around the same time every day, going to the gym, walking Papi, doing my sun salutations, followed by 10mins of meditation, AND then listening to the Norah Jones station on Pandora while I prepare and eat breakfast. (phew!) lol
So, it’s only natural I have found myself in a kind of routine when it comes to eating my first meal of the day. For the past couple of months, I ALWAYS eat overnight oats either for breakfast or as a midday snack.
I like it for a couple of reasons:
· It’s incredibly simple to make (big must for me!)
· There are literally endless combinations to switch up the flavors!
· It’s nutritious! Oatmeal is a great way for you to consume carbs as it keeps energy levels up and hunger away
· It’s like having dessert, but nourishing #YASS
What you’ll need:
½ cup of rolled oats
¾ cup of unsweetened almond milk (or your choice of milk)
½ cup of mixed berries (I use organic frozen strawberries and blueberries)
½ tbsp. of honey (I use organic raw honey, but any choice of sweetener will work)
1 tbsp of chia seed
1 scoop of protein powder
1. Combine oatmeal, chia seeds, and protein powder in a jar (or any container you have)
2. Pour in the milk and stir
3. Add frozen berries and honey and place in fridge
4. Enjoy the next day!
NOW, my recipe is extremely straightforward and only includes a few ingredients. I think if you’re new to overnight oats, keep it simple, try them, and then if you like them, explore and get creative with more “elaborate” (they’re all still pretty simple) ingredients and flavors.